Just appeared on Transformational Energy Leadership to talk about why reframing is one of the most important skills for an entrepreneur with Dr. Matthew Allen Woolsey.
Check out the podcast link, plus the show notes are below.
Listen to Podcast
Breaking into an industry like commercial real estate, which has traditionally been off-bounds for immigrants, requires pre-existing relationships and operates on a “country club” like setting (for example, who you know and how long you have known them).
Omar will share how he moved from Canada three years ago and leveraged his personal and professional story to craft a message that resonates with immigrants and Americans alike.
Our discussion will address familiar themes explored with other leaders representing a variety of sectors, fields, and professional paths:
- How to craft and sell your story
- Mental barriers that hold back immigrant entrepreneurs
- When to play to society’s expectation and when to choose to break free of those restraints
- Why reframing is one of the most important skills for an entrepreneur
- How to get scale right out of the gate
- Cultivating the right relationships.