Had a great time talking to Marcus Krahn of Wealth Builders about asset management and being a successful operator in multifamily real estate.
Check out the podcast link, plus the show notes are below.
Listen to Podcast
– Omar’s transition from working in mergers and acquisitions into multifamily investing
– Moving from Canada to the US and starting to invest in multifamily in a new country
– Is the CFA designation useful in multifamily?
– What is asset management and what do you need to know about it to be a successful operator
– How to go about building the business plan for a value add project
– When to start developing a business plan for a property and what are the key elements of the plan
– The next steps to take after closing on an acquisition
– How to build relationships to build a strong team and find the right property manager