My interview with Jonathan Farber of the Millennial Millionaire Real Estate Podcast. We talked about my journey from a financial background to transacting over 1300 units.
Check out the podcast link, plus the show notes are below.
Listen to Podcast
Syndications for the beginning investor – 11:00 – 13:15
– Your network prior to real estate is an excellent tool for finding capital in existing relationships
– Take advantages of the strengths you already have
– Use your first few deals to improve on your weakest areas
Building relationships to invest in real estate – 14:00 – 19:30
– Accept that your failure rate is going to be high from the start – don’t take it personally
– Look for partners that can bring what you don’t have, and that need what you do have
– It will feel more natural and you’ll have better results if you just try to make connections
Understanding key principals – 21:20 – 34:00
– A key principal is someone who makes a deal lendable by guaranteeing the loan on your behalf
– KPs require trust and insight to make work
– Bringing a KP to a deal you’ve found is much more likely to work than finding a KP for a deal